Tuesday 19 May 2009

'You've wooed me good...'


I’ve fallen in love, irrevocably. Hard; Harder than I could ever had imagined, the huge cavernous entity that is my heart beating blissfully each and everytime I think of my other half. Separated by an ocean, and lost in the gaping enormity of this world, I feel as though my adoration is futile, yet I strive on regardless.

Ahh New York, you’ve wooed me good; I'm smitten by all those fancy buildings, I swoon at your every mention, and the smell of sizzling fat now sends me into a rapturous delight due to our memories with one another...

On a serious note, I do truly miss New York. I’ve only been there once, and that once was only for a few days, but it was enough to give me the kind cravings usually more associated with crack cocaine than for an occidental city. Perhaps it is because New York was the first break from England, basically London, I had had in three years, but I believe it is because it is one of the most amazing places in the world. Let’s hope I’ll be back sooner rather than later...

Image taken [by myself for once] from the PSFK offices on Broadway...

1 comment:

kech_kicks said...

which is why u need to come to NY in august/ sept... :-)it's the only way!!!