Thursday 20 November 2008

The troubles with the BNP


Regarding the release of the British National Party’s members list, I don't know quite what to make of it all. I've never really condoned this sort of indiscriminant intrusion into people’s privacy that the net oft incurs. However here I am severed and split – the BNP have never, let’s contentedly say, been my favourite political party (if I could say I had one). It stands for the archaic principles and philosophies that find sanctuary amongst only the closest minded members of society and, much like the NF before it, controversially, yet comfortably, convenes alongside hateful and racist values. That being the case, this list, detailing the names, phone numbers and addresses of BNP supporters, pushes the absolute limit of what I find acceptable – it isn’t really fair; is it? The list could be fabrication, for all that we know. It would be the darkest of shames should these people be victimised, slandered and branded racists for a crime they didn’t commit, and, even if they are BNP supporters, you can’t, and shouldn’t, be attacked for your political allegiance. Please do correct me if I’m wrong.

As I don’t condone this intrusion I won’t post the link, but I’m sure a quick google will lead you to it, if you so wish. Stole the image like a thief in the nasty night from here (no I wasn't wearing a hood Mr Sunday Express!)...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Isn't that an invasion of privacy? I don't condone such thinsg as well. Not only is that an invasion of privacy, but that isn't safe either. People are crazy nawadays, no telling what could happen. Wow. Just....wow.

Whathehelle Fontenelle said...

Exactly. It's not really fair is it. It has transpired that the list was genuine, but does this mean that it is right? Hell no.