Friday 20 March 2009

Anxiety awaits...


English clubs are dominating European football one again, a fact that is both a huge source of pride and a bare faced boast. For the second time in consecutive years, England have four teams through to the Champions League last 16 and, as the draw is to be announced in a matter of hours, I am anxiously waiting for this current round to be announced. As I constantly check BBC Sport for any form of update, there is a aggressively turgid ball of anxiety in my stomach that would usually accompany someone as they sat, twiddling their thumbs with a slightly manic passion, before a job interview. Football is a huge part of me and is, and shall always be, massively central to my existence, hence why the draw has put me in the kind of erratic mood that should generally be found exclusively in crazy people and politicians.

I await the draw...

Image taken from here.

No comments: