Friday 2 January 2009

A debaucherous night and aiming high for 2009...


Check out Mr Cobbie Yate's excellent post here on A Tribe Called Next, quite nicely summing up certain people's ever so scandalous new years celebrations in picture form. My own night was spent at a busy and bustling Work It, and, courtesy of a few bottles of rum, I had an absolutely excellent evening, aided, in no little part, by all the drunken debauchery around me (it got a little out of control, as most pictures somewhat suggests)...

Leading on from that night of pumped up tomfoolery, and the occasional fashion faux pas, I got thinking about 2009 and what it will bring. New years resolutions have never been my cup of tea (milk, two sugars) and keeping them have never been my forte, so instead of putting myself through that unnecessary month or so of unsolicited structured stricture and self imposed rules cum regulations, I have instead decided to set myself some goals for the year. This, I hope, will be a lot more manageable than sticking to something I so clearly do not want to do (for example spending time with my provoking parents or joining a blasted gym). In short goals are a lot easier to accomplish and – they aren’t something you have to stick to regimentally, they’re something you aspire towards. I shan’t bore you with all my goals and aspirations but I do suppose I can reveal the most important and the biggest of them all...

To make a difference; to affect people positively; to inspire people; to guide and to aide my peers
– basically to constructively influence at the very least one person this year. I have been lucky enough to have some genuinely great people about me, but we don’t all have a Ruby around to actively show us the wily way. I doubt I could ever mentor someone as affectively, or change anyone’s life as much as, Ruby has changed mine, but I do look to Ms Pseudo as a truly inspiring mentor. And now I want to do the same - 2009 is the year I want to say that I positively changed someone’s life...

Bring it on and a happy new year to all...

With thanks to everyone who has made 2008 such a hugely memorable year, 2009 looks like it’s going to be even bigger and even better.